Thoughts, Ideas, and Theories rooted in reality

Keeping things simple.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Morning Jacket gathers steam...




Well, I picked up the much anticipated release from My Morning Jacket, aptly titled "Z", last evening and after giving it a listen (or 2) I am blown away. From the opening jam "Wordless Chorus", which evokes a bit of foot stomping/finger clicking beat to the just gorgeous sound of "Dondante" the album has me wanting more. I can't get over the uniqueness that almost every track lends to the album and Jim James sounding haunting as ever deserves much applause for the songwriting that is just out of this world.

For even more fun with MMJ, check out their website at www.mymorningjacket.com.
Look for the movie about the making of the album. It is a bit strange, but befitting after listening to the finished product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home